The main mandate of the Directorate of Forest Education are:
Last updated: 12 Feb, 2024
- To cater to the training needs of the SFS Officers and RFOs of States / Union Territories in the Country.
- To ensure standard and quality of training being imparted to the forestry personnel other than Indian Forest Service.
- To augment training capacity and facility for the Frontline Forest Staff (Forest Guards, Foresters, Deputy Rangers and Range Officers).
- To assist develop appropriate and relevant training contents and evaluation standards for forestry training at all levels below IFS
- To help states assess training needs of forestry personnel.
- To assist in the development of training policy for forestry personnel.