DFE Directorate --- Objectives
- To conduct induction training for newly
recruited State Forest Services Officers and Range Forest Officers.
- To conduct in-service training for State
Forest Service Officers and Range Forest Officers in the form of short
term Refresher and theme – based Courses.
- To cater to the Training needs of SFS
Officers and Forest Rangers of States/Union Territories in the
country. Candidates Sponsored by various public sector undertaking,
industrial firms, other institutions, universities and foreign
countries also trained in these Institutions.
- To ensure ‘standard and quality’ training
imparted to the forestry personnel.
- To help develop training ‘capacity and
facility’ of desire standard, for various functionaries of forestry
- To assist develop appropriate and relevant
training contents and evaluation standards for forestry training at
- To generate awareness and sensitivity about
forest and forest conservation amongst various stakeholders.
- To assist centre and the State to develop
training policy for efficient human resource management and
State assess ‘Training Needs’ of forestry personnel for quality and